We thrive on working smart and we always look for opportunities to automate as much of our operations as possible. We make our own alerts, fix issues and ask why things happen and how they can be prevented. As a Microsoft Silver Partner, we use in our Operations Department the full suite of Microsoft.Net Technologies with SQL Server Databases and Windows Servers. We develop our in-house solutions with MVC or ASP.NET, using C# (and T-SQL) as a development language with Visual Studio 2015 and Team Foundation Server. The DevOps Engineer will join our Solutions Management team in our office in Nieuwegein.
Role and Responsibilities
- Respond to issues of all sizes, from major outages to minor alerts, and fix or escalate as needed
- Work with subject matter experts to learn new skills and bring them “home” to the team
- Create and tweak alerts to improve our monitoring
- Incident coordination, including sending mobile alerts to other Engineering teams based on the size and scope of incidents
- Solve problems and prevent them from happening again
- Write and refine our troubleshooting guides and documentation
Skills and Qualification
- You have a minimum of 5 years recent IT experience
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills and a can-do mentality
- Flexibility is important in this position
- A problem-solving mentality
- Experience in .Net programming languages – C# and ASP.Net
- Experience in developing WCF Web Services
- Experience using MVC
- A user of Visual Studio 2010/2015 and TFS 2010/2015
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and T-SQL
- Recent Microsoft Certifications or equivalent in this field is preferred
- Experience in Agile Methods is preferred
- Experience in DevOps or a responsive Engineering role
- Strong background in Linux and/or Windows Administration
- You love to work with and on a team
- You love to motivate other team members
- You encourage teamwork, communication, and coordination
- You set out clear expectations and objectives
- You are an excellent planner and your time-management skills are exceptional
- You have a great awareness of working with international teams and colleagues
- You are vibrant, with a positive attitude and most of all you are fun to work with
What we offer
- Excellent salary and working conditions corresponding with experience
- An informal and international environment with 18+ different nationalities
- A challenging position in a fast-paced, innovative and exciting company where there is never a dull moment
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity, then please send your resume and motivation letter to Bronagh Ryan, Manager HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the apply button below.
Please note: by proceeding, you indicate you have read and agree to Teleena’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Teleena is a global IoT and Mobility enabler based in the Netherlands, with regional offices in Serbia and Singapore. Founded in 2007, Teleena has helped many companies worldwide to achieve IoT and Mobile success by setting them free from the complex aspects of technology. Teleena does this by fully managing the operational side of a business, as well as by simplifying the technology. We help customers monetize their efforts while they grow their business. This way, they can focus on what matters the most: their core business and how they want to approach the market without any limitations.